Clash of Clans

Not actual real life games, but things that could one day become games.

Clash of Clans

Postby mange » Fri May 16, 2014 11:23 am

Clash of Clans is a delightful FTP game. The $ investment can be 0 for a very enjoyable experience. Recent advancements have made it a much more social game which I find to be great. Advancement is quite slow, though using $ to speed it up in any sort of relevant way is prohibitively expensive at the higher levels.

Presently there is no way for folks to find each-other except within a clan. There is only general chat, clan chat, and clan mail (where the leaders can blast the members).

I'm presently in a clan with Littlefox, I don't know if anyone else plays.

The starting tutorial advocates spending gems, it is not mandatory.
-Mange (AKA Krodor)
mange

Re: Clash of Clans

Postby mange » Fri May 16, 2014 11:46 am

things to remember:
1) trophies don't matter. You can gain and lose them at will
2) if someone picks off your Town Hall (TH), you get a 12 hour shield, often folks will stop there in the 1100-1300 trophy range
3) maximize the number of walls the enemy has to drive through.
4) one does not need to protect barracks, army camps, spell factory, builders huts, or laboratory. mines/extractors are marginally important to defend (depending on activity level). defenses and storage are critical to defend.
5) As soon as a TH level finishes, build level 1 of all the new buildings before upgrading
6) finish *all* upgrades (including walls) before you start the next TH level (there's a loot penalty when attacking down, so it'll take more effort to upgrade later, and stronger folks will be attacking)
7) after rank1 of new buildings, extractors/mines are the most important to level up.

8) at 1250 trophies you get 450 gems (for your 3rd builder)
9) at 3200 trophies you get 2000 gems (for your 4th or 5th builder)
-builders cost 0, 250, 500, 1000, 2000 gems.
-Mange (AKA Krodor)
mange

Return to Potential Games