Not actual real life games, but things that could one day become games.

Postby Tasec » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:58 am

I discovered this game on Steam last night. The best way I could describe it is Portal on LSD, without the portals. The producers describe it as a "mind-bending psychological exploration game where nothing can be taken for granted." A couple of the reviews:

“Even as the developer told me what the game was doing to mess with my brain while I was playing it, it still succeeded in messing with my brain.”
– Rock, Paper, Shotgun

“The most tenacious, infuriating obstacle you’ll face throughout the game is yourself.”
– PC Gamer

Even after reading this I wasn't prepared for how strange it was. In one of the first puzzles you are presented with two staircases: one leading up, the other down. Regardless of which you choose you end up back at the same set of stairs. After about 10 loops, I figured I would try backtracking, only to find that turning around and going back led me to the next puzzle. This game definitely messes with your head. Even when you realize that nothing is as you would expect, and you try to out think the game, you still end up getting surprised.

I definitely suggest checking the game out. It's worth the $20. ... 1_7_15__13

Return to Potential Games